Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
The perfect recipe for delicious chocolate ice cream made with Callebaut chocolate.
Ingredients for 8-10 people
400g Callebaut chocolate
12 egg yolks at room temperature
- In large saucepan add 1 litre of milk and 100g sugar, bring to boil and take off heat.
- Add 400g Callebaut chocolate to the milk.
- Separate 12 eggs (at room temperature) and keep the egg yolks only.
- Whisk 100g sugar into the egg yolks until it has dissolved completely. It is very difficult to dissolve sugar if the egg yolks are cold.
- Bring your chocolate milk mixture back to the boil. Add it to the egg yolks whisking all the time, let it cool, whisking now and again, when it has cooled put it into the ice-cream machine.
- Grate 100g Callebaut chocolate.
- When the ice-cream is beginning to set, add grated chocolate.
- When firm remove from ice-cream machine put in plastic container and keep in freezer or for a shorter period of time in the fridge ice-box.
Recipe created by John Desmond - Former Professeur de Cuisine Paris, France.