Chocolate Truffles Recipe
Make delicious Belgian chocolate truffles with this quick and easy recipe.
Ingredients for approx. 74 truffles
850g Callebaut callets
250g bitter cocoa powder
Optional flavour: Zest of orange/whiskey etc.
- Put 500ml cream into large saucepan, bring to boil, boil for 1 minute, and then take off heat.
- Add 600g Callebaut callets to the cream, whisk until the chocolate has melted completely. Allow to cool.
- Cover and put into fridge over night, approximately 12 hours.
- To make the truffles, put the mixture over a bain-marie and heat just enough to be able to put it into a pastry bag and form little balls. Roll in powdered sugar.
- Melt 250g Callebaut callets slowly in a bain-marie. The chocolate should be completely melted but without heat, to make sure that it is at the correct temperature put it to your lips, you should feel no heat.
- Drop in the truffles, remove with a fork, and roll in cocoa powder.
They can be kept in a fridge for 10 days.
Recipe created by John Desmond - Former Professeur de Cuisine Paris, France.